How To Enable Dark Mode on Notion (Android, Windows, Mac, iPhone)
To save your eyes from strain, enable dark mode on Notion. It only takes a few seconds. Here's how to do it on Android, Windows 11, Mac, and iPhone.
Notion is a popular productivity tool allowing users to create and manage their projects and tasks.One of the useful features of Notion is the ability to enable dark mode, which can help reduce eye strain and make working on Notion more comfortable for some users. Notion supports dark mode on Android, Windows 11 (and Windows 10), Mac, and iOS.You can also enable a theme that follows your device's theme—for example, Notion will use a dark theme when your Android enables a dark theme. Here's a quick guide on how to enable dark mode on Notion.
How do I enable dark mode on Notion?
To activate dark mode on Notion, open the Settings, Notifications & settings, or Settings & members.
Under "Appearance", select "Dark" and Notion will immediately apply the dark mode. Here are the detailed steps to do this on each platform:
AndroidNotion on Android provides a quick way to enable the dark mode.Here's how to do it:
- Open Notion.
- Tap "Settings".
- Scroll down.Tap "Light" and select "Dark" to enable the dark mode on Notion.
- Tap "Done" to apply the changes.
Windows 11, Windows 10, Mac, and Web
Notion's desktop app provides a user interface that is similar to the web version, so you can apply these steps on Windows 11, Windows 10, Mac, and the web version. To do this:
- Open the Notion desktop app or the website.
- Select "Settings & members".
- Select "My notifications & settings".
- Click the option that says "Light", and select "Dark" to switch the theme to dark.
- Notion app on Windows or Mac now uses the dark mode.
Apply dark title bar on Notion on Windows 11
When using Windows 11, you may notice that the title bar on the Notion desktop app does not use dark mode, despite dark mode being enabled in Windows 11's Settings. To fix this, you can choose a custom color for Windows 11's accent color, which can be applied to the title bar, making the Notion title bar colored.
You can also make an app for Notion on Microsoft Edge, so the title bar will be dark, following your Microsoft Edge appearance settings. Here's how to do both:
Custom accent color
- Open the Settings app > Personalization > Colors.
- Expand the "Accent color" section.
- Select a darker accent color.You can also use your current accent color.
- Set the toggle on for "Show accent color on title bars and windows borders".
- Now the Notion desktop app will apply the selected accent color on the title bar.
Creating a Notion app on Microsoft Edge
You can create a custom app for a website using Microsoft Edge.The app wraps the website in a custom window, and the title bar will match the Microsoft Edge appearance.
This includes the use of dark mode if your Microsoft Edge is set to use dark mode. So, if your Microsoft Edge uses a dark mode, your Notion will also use dark mode on the title bar.
- Open the Notion website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap the three-dots button > Apps > Install this site as an app.
- Enter the app name, and select "Install".
- Your Notion app will now use the dark title bar.
The dark mode feature on Notion is a great way to save battery life and reduce eye strain.If you're someone who spends a lot of time on your device, it's definitely worth enabling dark mode on all of your favorite apps, such as WhatsApp.