Duplicating or cloning apps means installing the same app with a fresh state of data so you have both of the same apps. The cloned app can be signed in with a new, completely different account/data.
It can be useful for digital marketing purposes as it allows you to sign in with a different, new account to the same app on the same Android phone. One of the most popular is signing in to social media apps, as it’s impossible to sign in to more than 5 Instagram accounts on the same app.
That limitation can be bypassed by cloning or duplicating the Instagram app so you can sign in to up to 10 Instagram accounts on two Instagram apps, managing them at the same time.
This cloning/duplicating function eliminates the need to use another device. You don’t have to buy a new phone only to sign in to a different account on Instagram or other social media apps.
You also don’t have to sign in to them on your browser, with incognito mode, as it’s not as convenient as using the apps on your Android phone. You also don’t have to sign out and sign in to a different account every time you want to manage a different account.
Duplicate or clone an app on Android
You can clone or duplicate an Android app by using a third-party app such as Clone App by Arty Products. Or, you can also use the built-in cloning app feature on your phone. Some brands and models such as Xiaomi and Samsung let you clone an Android app without installing an additional app from Play Store.
You need a cloning app that can:
- Duplicate/clone apps
- Uninstall closed apps
- Creating shortcuts for cloned apps on your home screen
This post will help you learn how to both methods.
Duplicate or clone an app on Android using a third-party app
To clone an app on Android using a third-party app:
- First, download the Clone App here. Install until finished.
- Now, open the app and allows all permissions required.
- To clone or duplicate an app (or multiple apps), tap the + button.
- Choose which apps you would like to clone/duplicate. Once done, click Add.
- It will instantly duplicate all the apps you’ve chosen. You can click it to open the cloned app.
- For instance, this Twitter app is in a fresh state. Now I can sign in to many different Twitter accounts on this duplicated app.
Duplicate apps on Android’s built-in dual apps feature
Xiaomi and other Android smartphone brands have built-in dual apps feature, which works the same way as third-party cloner apps. To do it:
- Open the Settings. Scroll down, and tap Dual apps.
- Here, search for the app you want to duplicate. Set the toggle on for the app.
- Now, the phone will create a shortcut on your home screen.
Remove duplicate apps on Android
There are two ways you can uninstall duplicate apps on your Android device. The first way is to use the built-in dual app feature. This feature is available on some brands of Android devices, such as Xiaomi and Samsung. With this feature, you can install and uninstall clone apps.
The second way to uninstall duplicate apps is to use the third-party app that you used to install the duplicate app. This method may vary depending on the app you used to install the duplicate app. But generally, you can uninstall the app from the third-party app’s interface.
For the third-party app, this post uses the previously mentioned app to remove a clone app.
Removing duplicate apps on Xiaomi
Xiaomi lets you remove duplicate apps as easily as installing them. To remove one:
- Go to Settings > Dual apps.
- Set the toggle off for the app you want to remove.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Removing clone apps on third-party apps (clone app)
In the Clone App app, you can easily remove apps easily. To do that:
- Open the app.
- Tap the kebab button, then tap Remove from Shadow App.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Cloning or duplicating apps is easy on Android. You can do that with your smartphone’s built-in or if you don’t have it, you can use third-party apps like Clone App that work perfectly the same to duplicate or clone any apps you want.
Now, you can manage different internet accounts at the same time easily.