If you are new to Telegram and want to switch to a different messaging app, you may be wondering how to log out of Telegram. In this post, we’ll show you how to log out of Telegram on the web, iPhone, PC, and Android.
Table of Contents
Logging out of Telegram on the web
To log out of Telegram on the web:
- Open the hamburger menu.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap the three-dots button at the top.
- From there, you will be able to select the “Log out” option.
- Telegram will then log you out immediately.
Logging out of Telegram on your iPhone
If you want to log out of Telegram on your iPhone, here’s how:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Scroll down a little, and tap “Log out”.
- Then, tap “Log out” again to confirm.
Logging out of Telegram on the desktop
You can log out of Telegram on your Windows PC or desktop by doing similar steps to log out from the web. Here’s how:
- Open the hamburger menu and click on the “Settings” option.
- From here, you will need to click on the three-dots button at the top of the screen and then select “Log out” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be signed out from the Telegram desktop.
Logging out of Telegram from other devices
You can sign out of Telegram from other devices or all devices by terminating the session on your phone. This is useful if you don’t want to open your PC, laptop, or other phones or lose access to the device.
Here’s how to terminate a session on Telegram:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Go to Settings > Devices.
- Under “Active Sessions”, you can see all devices where your Telegram account is signed in. You can identify a login session by seeing the device name, browser name, and when you signed in to the device.
- To sign out of Telegram web from Android or iPhone, tap the active session and select “Terminate Session”.
- Telegram will then log you out from the selected device.
If you’re concerned about security and privacy, it’s important to know how to log out of Telegram. Thankfully, the process is simple and only takes a few seconds. By following the steps outlined in this post, you can ensure that your account is properly secured.