Facebook stories are a great way to show off your day-to-day life, but sometimes they can be too short. You may want to post a longer video to your Facebook story but don’t know how to do it. Luckily, this post will show you how to post longer videos on Facebook Story, whether you’re using an iPhone or Android.
What’s the maximum length for a video on a Facebook story?
Facebook has a limit on how long videos can be for stories. The maximum length for a video on a Facebook story is 26 seconds. So if you try to post a video that’s longer than 26 seconds, it’ll get cut off.
However, there are a few ways that you can work around this limitation.
Can you post longer videos on your Facebook story?
Yes, you can post longer videos on your Facebook story. You can do this by trimming the video first. Facebook has a feature that lets you trim videos easily. To trim a video, just tap on the video in the Facebook app and then tap on the trim button. You can trim the video to any length you want, but the maximum length is still 26 seconds.
How do I post longer videos on my Facebook story?
Assuming you have a longer video that you want to share on your Facebook story, you will need to trim the video first. Both iPhone and Android have similar ways of trimming videos. Once the video is trimmed, upload it again and trim it down until the entire video duration is uploaded as a Facebook story.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Tap Create story.
- Select the long video you want to upload to your story.
- You’ll see a message that says “Longer videos get shortened to 26 seconds, but you can trim them first.”. Tap the Trim button to trim the long video to add to the story.
- Here, you can select the duration by moving the slider to the left or right. Tap Done to save it.
- Tap Share to story to share the trimmed long video as your Facebook story.
- In order to upload a long video to your Facebook story, first sign in to your account.
- Then, tap on Create story.
- Next, select the video you want to upload.
- Tap on the Trim button to trim the video to your desired length. Tap Done once you’re done.
- Finally, tap Share to story to upload the trimmed video as your Facebook story.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to post longer videos without trimming on a Facebook story?
Unfortunately, you cannot post longer videos on Facebook stories without trimming them first. This is because Facebook stories have a maximum length of 26 seconds. To upload a video of a longer duration, you will need to post it as a regular Facebook post.
Even though Facebook stories only allow videos that are no more than 26 seconds, there are ways to post videos that are longer. By recording a video in parts or trimming them first, and posting them as multiple stories, you can share longer videos on Facebook.
Dony Prasetiyo has been writing on monkeymanifesto.com for about two years, intended to help solve computer and smartphone problems with easy-to-understand blog posts. He has written over 480 blog posts about Windows, Office, Android, and more.