Nova Launcher is one of the best Android launchers, providing a lot of free features. If you’ve been using Nova Launcher for a while, you probably like the app. In this tutorial, we’ll cover how to set Nova Launcher as the default launcher on your Android phone.
One of the best things about Nova Launcher is its flexibility. It offers options that let you choose how many rows and columns you want on your home screen, how big you want your icons to be, what kind of icon pack you want to use, and more. Nova Launcher has become the most popular launcher because of these reasons.
Setting Nova Launcher as your default launcher isn’t difficult. It does require a little bit of work, but it only takes a few minutes.
How do I set Nova Launcher as default on Android?
There are a few simple steps to setting Nova Launcher as your default launcher on Android. First, you’ll need to visit the launcher setting app within Nova Launcher. Once you’re there, simply tap on “Select default launcher.” This will prompt you to select Nova Launcher as your preferred option.
If you don’t use Nova Launcher, click here to download it.
Here are the detailed steps:
- Visit its launcher setting app. To do that, tap and hold your home screen for a second then tap Settings.
- The Nova Settings app will open. Here, you can directly set it as default. Tap Select default launcher.
- Then, your Android phone will show a list of launchers you have installed. It lets you choose what launcher app you would like to use as the default launcher. Before choosing any launcher app, make sure you checked Remember my choice.
- That’s it. Now once you tap on Nova Launcher, Nova Launcher will reopen. It implies that the launcher is set as default.
- But, if you doubt it, accidentally tap the wrong launcher app, for instance, you may want to make sure that Nova Launcher is the default.
Here’s how to check if Nova Launcher is your default Android launcher:
- Go to the Settings app of your device. Tap Home screen & Recents.
- Then, you will see the name of the default launcher you have chosen. If it turns out that you have chosen the wrong one, you can choose the right one from here. Tap Default launcher, and tap again the one you want to set as default.
Now you have learned how to set Nova Launcher as default. If you happen to like the launcher app, then it’s great. Not all launchers are made equal and most of them probably just don’t match your desire. If Nova Launcher is the best one for you, you won’t be confused again whether you want to use another one or not.
Dony Prasetiyo has been writing on monkeymanifesto.com for about two years, intended to help solve computer and smartphone problems with easy-to-understand blog posts. He has written over 480 blog posts about Windows, Office, Android, and more.