Nova Launcher is one of the best Android launchers, providing a lot of free features.
It offers options that let you choose how many rows and columns you want on your home screen, how big you want your icons to be, what kind of icon pack you want to use, and more.
If you’ve been using Nova Launcher for a while, you probably like the app. In this tutorial, we’ll cover how to set Nova Launcher as the default launcher on your Android phone.
Set Nova Launcher as default on Android
Setting Nova Launcher as default on Android is easy. Here’s how:
- Visit its launcher setting app. To do that, tap and hold your home screen for a second then tap Settings.
- The Nova Settings app will open. Here, you can directly set it as default. Tap Select default launcher.
- Then, your Android phone will show a list of launchers you have installed. It lets you choose what launcher app you would like to use as the default launcher. Before choosing any launcher app, make sure you checked Remember my choice.
- That’s it. Now once you tap on Nova Launcher, Nova Launcher will reopen. It implies that the launcher is set as default.
- But, if you doubt it, or accidentally tap the wrong launcher app, for instance, you may want to make sure that Nova Launcher is the default.
Here’s how to check if Nova Launcher is your default Android launcher:
- Go to the Settings app of your device. Tap Home screen & Recents.
- Then, you will see the name of the default launcher you have chosen. If it turns out that you have chosen the wrong one, you can choose the right one from here. Tap Default launcher, and tap again the one you want to set as default.
Nova Launcher is highly customizable, and you can set it as default in easy steps. Switching to Nova Launcher is a great way to customize your Android device and make it your own.