Instagram has the suggested post feature that shows posts you might like, but some users reported that they are seeing suggested posts on Instagram that have nothing to do with their interests. This post will help you learn how to turn off suggested posts on both Android and iPhone.
What are suggested posts on Instagram?
Suggested posts are simply posts that Instagram thinks you might be interested in based on the content you’ve liked or interacted with in the past. However, these suggestions can often be irrelevant or repetitive, and you might want to disable them instead.
Why disable suggested posts on Instagram?
There are a few reasons why you might want to disable suggested posts on Instagram. If you find that you’re constantly being bombarded with irrelevant or uninteresting content, it can be frustrating, which is why most people want to disable the feature.
Additionally, if you’re trying to stay off of social media for a while, suggested posts can be a temptation that you’d rather not deal with. Finally, if you’re concerned about your privacy, suggested posts can be a way for Instagram to collect data about your interests and tastes.
How do I disable suggested posts on Instagram?
You can disable suggested posts on Instagram, but only for 30 days. To do so, simply tap the X button at the top of the suggested posts and select the Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days option. After 30 days, suggested posts will automatically turn back on. However, you can always turn them off again if you wish.
Here are the detailed steps that you can apply on Instagram on Android and iPhone:
- To get rid of suggested posts, tap the X button on the right side of the “Suggested posts” text.
- From there, you can tap Don’t suggest posts related to [topic] to get rid of particular topics on the suggested posts feature on Instagram.
- If you choose to avoid that particular topic, it will show a message saying “We won’t suggest posts related to [topic] in your feed.”
- Alternatively, you can tap Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days if you want to get rid of all suggested posts for the next 30 days.
- It will show a message saying “We won’t show suggested posts for 30 days”.
Can you turn off the suggested feature on Instagram permanently?
Unfortunately, you can only disable the suggested feature on Instagram for 30 days. There is no other way to permanently turn it off, as Instagram doesn’t provide the feature that allows you to do so.
If you’re someone who doesn’t like seeing suggested posts on Instagram, you’re not alone. Thankfully, there’s a way to turn them off. Simply follow the steps listed in this blog post and you’ll be good to go.